Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Services
We are committed to helping members with development, implementation, and advancement of cybersecurity initiatives. The Fund provides cybersecurity and data privacy guidance, training courses, Privacy & Information Security Coverage, and an array of resources to Liability and Property members at no additional cost.
Cyber risks in schools
Technology is continuously evolving in schools as internet-connected devices, applications and services deliver personalized content, enable broader collaboration, and enhance students’ learning experiences. With the benefits of this technology, it is easy to forget that every Internet-connected device or web-based service can be used to collect, access, or steal student data. Because of their limited budgets and sensitive records, schools have become attractive targets for cybercriminals.
We are here to help
We can assist members with solutions which address risks associated with the use and management of student information and private data.
Some of the available consultation services include:
- Evaluating information security practices
- Establishing data privacy and cybersecurity procedures
- Developing and implementing training for Fund member employees
- Establishing security processes for working with vendors and third parties
- Recommending risk and remediation activities
The Fund’s specialized data privacy and cybersecurity training empowers members with knowledge and resources to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of student data; prevent cyber threats; and appropriately respond to cyber incidents. Data privacy and cybersecurity training is available at no additional cost to Liability and Property Program Members.
Training topics available by request include:
- Fundamentals of data privacy and cybersecurity for educational entities
- Protecting student privacy while using internet-connected educational services
- Building a district cybersecurity plan
- Phishing 101 (basic) and Phishing 201 (advanced)
- Malware, ransomware, and drive-by downloads
- Incident response and remediation to cyber attacks
- Data loss prevention and email security appliances
- Data classification
Contact Lucas Anderson for information about training, resources, and guidance to help address privacy and cybersecurity challenges as you work to create a culture of cyber awareness.