Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Services
We are committed to helping members with Privacy & Information Security Coverage develop, implement, and advance their cybersecurity initiatives. The Fund provides guidance, training, and an array of resources to members at no additional cost.
Cyber risks in schools
Technology continuously evolves in schools as internet-connected devices, applications, and services deliver personalized content, enable broader collaboration, and enhance students’ learning experiences. With the benefits of technology, it is easy to forget that every internet-connected device or Web-based service can be used to collect, access, or steal student data. Because of their sensitive records limited cybersecurity budgets, schools have become attractive targets for cybercriminals.
We are here to help
We can assist members with solutions that address risks associated with the use and management of student information and private data.
Some of the available consultation services include:
- Evaluating information security practices
- Establishing data privacy and cybersecurity procedures
- Developing and implementing training for Fund member employees
- Establishing security processes for working with vendors and third parties
- Recommending risk and remediation activities
The Fund’s specialized data privacy and cybersecurity training empowers members with knowledge and resources to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of student data; protect against cyber threats; and appropriately respond to cyber incidents. Cybersecurity training is available at no additional cost to members with Privacy and Information Security coverage.
Training topics available by request include:
- Fundamentals of data privacy and cybersecurity for educational entities
- Protecting student privacy while using internet-connected educational services
- Building a district cybersecurity plan
- Phishing 101 (basic) and Phishing 201 (advanced)
- Malware, ransomware, and drive-by downloads
- Incident response and remediation
- Data loss prevention and email security appliances
- Data classification
Contact Lucas Anderson for information about training, resources, and guidance to help address privacy and cybersecurity challenges as you work to create a culture of cyber awareness.