Public schools are community hubs where people come together. Unfortunately, they can also be the location of devastating and tragic acts of violence. The Fund's Violent Act coverage is in place to help members recover after suffering such a crisis.
Violent Act coverage cannot be purchased as a standalone coverage and is available to members with two or more major coverages. Contact your marketing consultant for eligibility details.
When someone uses a weapon to harm two or more victims during a Fund member-sponsored event, regardless of its location, Violent Act Coverage provides up to $250,000 (except as indicated below) in reimbursement payments. Details about costs and limits of coverage are listed on the Coverage and Contribution Summary (CCS) for Violent Act Coverage.
Qualified expenses could include:
- Post-Event Emergency Costs: Temporary security or staff, overtime pay
- Mental Health Service Costs: Counseling by licensed or certified mental health professionals
- Crisis Communication Costs: Communications and public relations assistance (up to $50,000)
- Essential Support Costs: Travel expenses for any two persons for each victim that is hospitalized more than 100 miles away (up to $50,000)
- Property Reimbursement Costs: Demolition, rebuilding, remediations, and repurposing of buildings and structures (Up to $1,000,000 in addition to the limits of coverage listed on the CCS.)
Training and support
The Fund has a dedicated Emergency Management and School Security Consultant to help members address risks associated with campus safety and emergency management. Training and support are offered at no additional cost to Fund members with Property, Auto, Liability, or Workers’ Compensation coverage. Learn more about emergency management and school security services.
Report a claim
If your organization has experienced a violent incident, immediately contact the local authorities get emergency help. When you are able, contact us at 800.482.7276 or your marketing consultant to report a Violent Act claim.