Injured Employees

If you are injured at work, our top priority is to make sure you receive the care you need. To ensure you receive benefits due, please report any on-the-job injury or illness immediately to your employer.

Your claims adjuster

Once assigned, your claims adjuster is the primary contact for questions about your claim or medical benefits. If you do not know the name of your claims adjuster, please call 800.482.7276 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Contact your adjuster if you need to:

  • Check on the status of your benefit check
  • Change your treating doctor
  • Update your address (this must be done by you or your legal representative)
  • Report a change in your employment status. For example, if you begin working after your injury, Texas law requires that you report the amount you earn and the employer name as soon as possible.

Medical and pharmacy information

Find a medical provider on the Political Subdivision Workers' Compensation Alliance Website. This is not necessary for emergency treatment. You may only choose a doctor from the list designated as "Treating." Specialists may not be chosen as treating doctors without approval from your adjuster.

Your employer will give you a copy of the Employee Notice of Alliance Requirements. Sign and return it to your employer.

Find a pharmacy near you on the Optum website. You may receive medication before the Fund has received your claim. Ask your employer for the First Fill Card to present at the pharmacy for your first prescription.

Tax notice

You do not have to pay taxes on your workers' compensation benefits, so you will not receive a W2.

Additional resources

To learn more about workers’ compensation, visit the Texas Department of Insurance.