Auto Claims FAQ

Should the police be notified of every motor vehicle accident?

We encourage you to notify the proper authorities about all accidents.

Who selects the repair shop for the vehicle?

You may have the vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice. However, the Fund will need to inspect the vehicle prior to repairs.

What should we do if we get a call from another insurance company?

You may get a call from the other driver's insurance company asking for your version of the accident. We recommend that you refer them to your Fund claim representative.

What should members do when they get sued?

Please report lawsuits to the Fund immediately upon service or receipt. You may submit a scanned copy of the petition or complaint to, or fax to 800.580.6720.

If you have additional questions, call 800.482.7276, ext. 6800.