New Workers' Compensation Member
Welcome to the Fund’s Workers’ Compensation program! We are so pleased that you chose us to help you manage workplace accidents and their associated costs.
Welcome to the Fund’s Workers’ Compensation program, and thank you for choosing us to help you manage workplace accidents and their associated costs. The Fund was created in 1974 specifically to provide this coverage to Texas public school districts, and we’re proud to continue that service nearly 50 years later.
Take advantage of all that’s included in Fund membership.
- Risk solutions consultants who know the hazards specific to public schools can provide assessments and training to help you create safe work environments, which helps reduce the frequency and severity of claims.
- The Fund is a member of the Political Subdivision Workers’ Compensation Alliance, which contracts with medical providers and has a track record for getting injured employees well and back to work quickly and cost-effectively.
- Our telemedicine option empowers injured employees to get quality care, without time-consuming, in-person appointments.
- Injured employees can fill prescriptions safely and conveniently through our pharmacy benefits manager.
- We have a dedicated in-house claims handling team that walks employees through the claim process. The Fund's board-certified physician medical director consults with our team of nurses and adjusters on complex claims.
- With our online training package, you can access compliance and safety courses to help you train employees. Plus, if you have other lines of coverage, your organization can access more than 30 courses.
Ready to start on your own? Follow the checklist below to complete these items prior to your coverage effective date. (Files to download are PDFs.)
- Ensure personnel and all buildings are properly posted with required WC Notices:
- Notice 6 English and Spanish
- Office of Injured Employee Counsel (Ombudsman) English and Spanish
- Alliance Notice English and Spanish
- Notice 8 if there is an active construction site English and Spanish
- Members who employ police or security officers must post the following in personnel and wherever the police or security report:
- First Responders English and Spanish
- Notice 9 English and Spanish
- Distribute “Employee Notice of Alliance” (available in English and Spanish) to every employee. Consider adding “Employee Notice of Alliance” to Member Intranet and/or Employee Manual.
- Have every employee sign and date the “Employee Alliance Acknowledgement” form. Employees sign this form only once unless they are injured at work, at which time they are asked to sign again. Please ensure the form is in the new employee hire packet to sign. Keep initial acknowledgment in your records and furnish only if requested by an adjuster.
- Provide the link to Find a Doctor on the Alliance website to your principals, supervisors, managers, and secretaries to ensure they can find the closest treating physicians. Please note that in an emergency, the employee should go to the nearest emergency room.