Submit your idea today
Has your organization developed a new solution to a problem by implementing a risk management initiative? Submit your successful idea for an Excellence Award. The submissions are judged based on effectiveness, efficiency, excellence, impact, and innovation.
Application format and instructions
We encourage you to include any supplementary documentation such as pictures, videos, spreadsheets, and/or handbooks to further explain and strenghten your application. You will be given the opportunity to attach files under question number 11 on the application. File size can be up to 50 mb.
Note: Printed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications and all supporting documentation must be received by January 31, 2020 at 6 p.m. central standard time to be considered.
To be considered, a member must participate in at least one of the five Fund programs (Auto, Liability, Property, Unemployment Compensation, or Workers’ Compensation) for the entire Fund Year (September 1, 2019-August 31, 2020). Additional criteria can be found on the application.
Projects are evaluated on:
- Effectiveness: Solution directly improved your risk management practices, functions, or processes.
- Efficiency: Solution makes good use of resources, including money and staff time.
- Excellence: Solution models or aligns with risk management best practices.
- Impact: Solution addresses a critical or pressing need for your organization.
- Innovation: Solution represents out-of-the-box thinking or a creative adaptation of an established idea.
Up to 10 members will be honored at the annual Members’ Conference Luncheon on Monday, April 20. Each will receive a $1,000 award to apply toward their risk management programs. The conference will be held Sunday, April 19–Tuesday, April 21 at the Hyatt Regency Austin.
E-mail Training and Education Coordinator Melissa Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512.505.2839 for more information.