Instructions for Injured Employees

nurse takes pulseIf you are injured at work, our top priority is to make sure you receive the care you need. The following information will help make sure your claim goes smoothly.

Important tax season notice

You do not have to pay taxes on your workers' compensation benefits; therefore, you will not receive a W2.

Doctor and pharmacy information

The Fund works with a large network of doctors to help ensure you receive high quality medical care. If you are injured or suffer an occupational illness on the job, select a treating doctor from the list of medical providers on the Political Subdivision Workers' Compensation Alliance Website. This is not necessary for emergency treatment.

The Fund works with Optum, a leading pharmacy benefit provider, to ensure that you get the prescriptions you need for your work-related injury. Visit the Optum Website to find a pharmacy near you.

You may receive medication before the Fund has received your claim. Ask your employer for the First Fill Card to present at the pharmacy for your first prescription.

Important requirements

The Fund wants to make sure you receive the benefits your are entitled to. To ensure you receive your benefits:

  • Report the injury or occupational illness to your employer within 30 days of the accident.

  • Report any change in your employment status to your Fund claims adjuster right away. For example, if you begin working after your injury, report the amount you earn and the employer name as soon as possible. Texas law requires that you report report these wages, or you could be investigated for fraud.

  • Report any change of address to the Fund as soon as possible.

Tips for injured workers

If you would like to learn more about workers’ compensation, you may want to review these additional resources from the Texas Department of Insurance:

Your Fund claims adjuster is your primary contact for question about your claim or medical benefits. If you have questions and do not know the name of your claims adjuster, please call 800.482.7276 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.