Excellence Awards Eligibility Criteria
Did you recently rollout a product, program, or initiative to protect staff, vehicles, property, or other valuable district resources? If so, we encourage you to enter the TASB Risk Management Fund Excellence Awards program! Winners will be recognized at MemCon19, and each will receive a monetary award to apply toward their risk management initiatives.
Step 1: Review the eligibility criteria
- Applications must contain information on completed and implemented risk management-related initiatives, products, or programs that address risk management needs and concerns in a timely and effective fashion.
- Eligible programs can include technology-driven security solutions, wellness programs, training modules, safety videos, or cybersecurity, emergency management and return-to-work initiatives, among others. Entries will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- To be considered for the Excellence Awards, the member must participate in at least one Fund program: Auto, Liability, Property, Unemployment Compensation, or Workers’ Compensation.
- The member must retain membership in at least one of the Fund’s programs for the entire Fund Year (September 1, 2018–August 31, 2019). If the award recipient discontinues membership during this time, the entity agrees to reimburse the Fund for all award monies received.
- The application must have consent from the executive director, president, or superintendent.
- Winners from the prior year (2017–18) are not eligible for this year’s (2018–19) award.
- Award applications received after the January 31, 2019 deadline will not be considered.
- An organization may submit multiple entries, but may only win for one entry. Please complete a separate application for each entry.
Step 2: Complete the application
The application is an editable PDF. You must have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat (8 and up). Download the latest version if needed. To apply:
- Save a copy of your application to your computer.
- Fill out and submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2019.
- Include any supplementary documents that further explain your program such as: links to streaming videos, manuals, newsletters, pictures, etc.
Note: Mailed, faxed, and/or handwritten applications will not be accepted.
Application deadline and notification
Applications and supporting materials must be received by January 31, 2019 to be eligible.
Award status letters will be sent in April 2019. Award recipients will be honored at MemCon19 May 2 at the Hyatt Regency Austin.
E-mail Training and Education Coordinator Melissa Cannon at email@example.com or call 512.505.2839 for more information.