Protect School Property During Winter Weather
Forecasts for freezing temperatures across Texas have not improved. We know your facility leaders are working to prevent damage from freezing pipes and other losses that can occur during cold weather.
The Fund is here to help you protect your property and reduce the risk of costly claims.
4 winter-weather action items
- Keep boilers running, and don’t let temperatures drop below 50 degrees.
- Designate someone to regularly check property for broken or leaky pipes.
- Consider shutting off water to facilities and draining the pipes, but remember that this could prevent your fire sprinkler system from working. Check with the system manufacturer or installer.
- Protect computer servers during a power outage.
What if a pipe bursts?
Turn the water off, remove wet items, and call a water mediation vendor if necessary. If you don’t have a preferred vendor, reach out to:
- Gerloff Company: 210-490-2777 (24/365 emergency line)
- Cavalry Construction: 210-334-9559
How to file a claim
If you sustain property damage, it is important to notify the Fund as soon as possible. You can report a claim online or call us at 800-482-7276.
Risk Solutions Staff
The TASB risk solutions team includes risk solutions consultants and communications professionals who deliver training, consultations, articles, and resources that help Fund members control losses and their associated costs.